Here is a fresh and chunky arugula egg salad with salted capers and a lush mayo dressing… Egg salads are always a great idea for lunch, it doesn’t matter what season it is.
Are you ready for this arugula egg salad?
What is your favorite egg salad?
Egg are is one of those ingredients that I always have in my fridge, no matter what. We like our bacon and fried egg breakfast here every morning. So we go through quite a lot of eggs every week.
A dozen is often not enough.
Fried eggs are always a great meal idea, even if you have very little other ingredients in your kitchen. What we like for lunch for instance, is a slice of pan fried corned beef topped off with a lush fried egg.
Absolutely to die for!
Another lovely fried egg lunch idea is one with an Asian twist: my Malaysian fried eggs belanda. Or in other words fried eggs with bell pepper in a sweet and sour tamarind sauce.
Another one of our family favorites.
How about you?
Do you have a favorite egg recipe?
Breakfast, lunch, appetizer dip, dinner, snack even… Eggs are so versatile, so many dishes you can make with them.
Easy Creamy Arugula Egg Salad
One of my favorite quick recipes (and many of you will agree): a creamy salad of course.
So to keep an egg salad appetizing and cool is to add some great extra ingredients. I love a creamy arugula egg salad for instance.
With capers, red onion and a generous dollop of mayo.
I love to keep my egg salads quite chunky. Therefore I prefer to dice the egg whites up separately. Spread the egg salad on a thick slice of sourdough.
I love to spread this egg salad on some grilled bread.
And how about a crunchy croissant for breakfast?
Easy Creamy Arugula Egg Salad Recipe
Here's a fresh and chunky arugula egg salad with salted capers and mayonnaise... Egg salads are always a great idea for lunch!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp capers in brine
- a handful fresh arugula
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and fill it with water until the eggs are submerged. Then place the pan over high heat and boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Drain the eggs once cooked and let them cool down fully. Then peel the eggs. Dice up the egg whites and add them to a medium mixing bowl. Crumble the boiled egg yolks on top of it. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir the eggs. Chop the arugula up roughly and add this together with the freshly chopped parsley to the eggs.
- Stir again. Then add the chopped red onion and the mayonnaise.
- Stir the egg salad well. Add the salted capers.
- Stir again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper and salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the egg salad in a clean bowl and serve cold.