This baked camembert is a classic appetizer, have you made it before? You surely must have seen before though! You can also serve it for lunch with a couple of slices of freshly grilled French bread on the side! I don’t know about you but I certainly can’t get enough of this gooey stuff…
Hmmm, what a nice recipe this one is!
This gooey oven baked camembert is a delicious creamy vegetarian appetizer. And a highly popular one as well, believe me. Whenever I place this freshly oven baked cheese on the table, I turn my back.
And all at once my dining room just changes into a true war zone!
I really don’t have the time to say: eat this oven baked cheese while it’s hot.
It’s truly like an army of ants marching in. It’s all gone in seconds. And if I made a second one, I’m sure that it would also go just as fast.
Gooey Oven Baked Camembert
You can add an extra touch to this appetizer.
Drizzle the baked camembert halfway through cooking time with a tablespoon of dry white wine and pop it back into the hot oven.
The wine adds a surprising flavor!
Before you make this baked cheese, there’s just something you have to keep in mind. Check whether the wooden box your camembert is stapled or glued together.
Is it stapled: you’re good to go. Is it glued, then you’ll have to remove the cheese from the box. Better place it in an earthenware dish that fits. Or the glue will melt while baking the camembert which is not such a good idea.
Do you love simple and popular cheese dips and appetizers?
And another delectable cheese appetizer that everyone will adore.
Dig in and enjoy!
- 9 oz camembert cheese (250 g), with or without wooden box
- garlic powder
- dried thyme
- Choose a round baking dish or ramekin that is oven-resistent. I used a stoneware ramekin. If you bought a camembert in a wooden box, you can use that as well.
- Unwrap the camembert cheese, remove any plastic or paper wrap. Then place a piece of baking or parchment paper on top of the ramekin (or box) and top with the cheese.
- Gently press the cheese to make it fit nicely. Cut off any excess paper.
- Then with a sharp knife carve lines in the top of the cheese. Don’t make them too deep.
- Sprinkle with some pepper, salt, dried thyme and garlic powder.
- Place the camembert cheese in a preheated oven at 392°F (200°C) and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes or until the camembert cheese is all puffed up. Remove the cheese from the oven, open it up and check if the cheese nicely runny on the inside. Sprinkle with an extra dash of black pepper. Serve piping hot accompanied by bread sticks, crostini, French bread or crackers.