Look at this lush Brussels sprout stir fry right here! This is such a refreshing side dish packed with the most beautiful Asian flavors such as ginger, oyster sauce and fish sauce… Try it out!
We are not afraid of a little fusion cooking, are we?
Let’s prove that with this brussels sprout stir fry that is packed with a couple of my all time favourite Asian ingredients.
So what should you serve this vegetable side dish with?
I served this side dish with a beautifully seared fat steak. Why make things difficult if you can make them easier? Here’s me hoping that you enjoy this recipe as much as we did…
Do you love side dish recipes with Brussels sprouts?
Then check my Brussels sprouts gratin with bacon!
Easy Brussels Sprout Stir Fry Recipe
Brussels Sprout Stir Fry: a refreshing side dish packed with Asian flavors such as ginger, oyster sauce and fish sauce...
- 1 ½ lb Brussels sprouts (675 g)
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated (optional)
- olive oil
- Fill a large pan with water and add a dash of salt to it. Place the pan over high heat and then bring to a boil. In the meantime trim the Brussel sprouts. Remove any brown spots or wrinkled leaves. Rinse the cleaned sprouts under cold running tap water and drain. Then add the sprouts to the pan once the water is boiling.
- Blanch the sprouts for 3 to 4 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and drain the sprouts. Immediately refresh them in a bowl filled with cold tap water. Keep them there for 2 minutes and drain again. Then add a splash of olive oil to a pan and add the sliced onion and garlic.
- Place the pan over medium heat and cook the onion for 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce. Season with a little pepper.
- Stir well. Then add the blanched and drained sprouts.
- Stir well again. Turn the heat lower and put a lid on the pan. Let the sprouts warm through for 3 minutes. Add the freshly grated ginger (optional).
Cook for another 2 minutes. Then check the seasoning and add extra pepper or fish sauce to taste. Then transfer the sprouts to a serving bowl or plate. Serve immediately.