What an easy appetizer cheese cookie recipe with Emmental cheese and fragrant cumin seeds! Have you ever thought about make your own party snacks? Well then these cheese cookies are the perfect recipe for you to try out.
How about making your own party snacks at home today!
This very easy cheese cookie recipe is just perfect for that mission: you need very little ingredients to make them, they are so quick and easy to prepare and ready in just about an hour.
And you are all set!
Would you like to bake these cheese cookies but don’t you have enough time?
Well here is a simple solution: prepare the cheese cookie dough a day in advance and then cut it into the shape you want. Then put it in the fridge overnight. So the only thing you need to do the day after is to pop the cheese cookie dough in a hot oven.
And you are all done!
Easy Cheese Cookie Recipe
If you haven’t got any pastry flour, you can evidently use plain flour for the dough as well.
I like the mix of both though here in this recipe. The pastry flour gives the cookies a kind of shortcrust pastry flavor and crunch.
I used grated Emmental cheese for this cheese cookie recipe.
Emmental cheese has that perfect natural cheese flavor when you bake or heat it up, especially in combination with the cumin I think. And it is not too overpowering either.
No artificial flavor whatsoever.
I wonder though how the cookies would turn out if I used cheddar cheese, gruyère or even parmesan cheese instead… Let’s hand on to that thought and try it out next time.
Are you looking for other easy appetizer bites?
Then I also suggest you take a good look at my tuna and crepe pinwheels, colorful grilled bacon and mozzarella roll ups with zucchini and smoked salmon canapes with cream cheese and dill.
Easy Cheese Cookie Recipe
What an easy appetizer cheese cookie recipe with Emmental and cumin seeds: make your own party snacks! These cheese cookies are perfect.
- 3,5 oz unsalted butter (100 g), ice cold and diced
- 3 oz plain flour (85 g)
- 2,5 oz pastry flour (70 g)
- 5,5 oz Emmental cheese (155 g), grated
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Transfer the plain flour and cold butter to a blender.
- Pulse well into a dry mix and add the grated cheese. Season with a little pepper and salt.
Pulse again into a firm dough. Add the cumin seeds and olive oil.
- Blend one last time. Transfer the cheesy dough onto a clean surface. Knead the dough for a few minutes.
- Add extra flour if it feels to sticky. Put a sheet of baking paper on your worktop. Place the dough on it and cover with another sheet of baking paper. Roll the dough out in a rectangular shape.
- Cut out even cookies in the shape you want. Use a cookies cutter or a serving ring if you like.
- Remove all excess dough (you can knead it again and make more cookies out of it). Put the cookies in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the chilled cookies in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 8 to 10 minutes until golden. Let the cheese cookies cool on an oven rack. Serve!