I still have an opened jar of black pepper sauce in my fridge.
So I thought I would add a little of that stuff to my chicken stir fry tonight for dinner. I bought it in an Asian supermarket, god what a great condiment that black pepper sauce is! You don’t need a lot of this stuff because it is quite spicy already.
So look what other ingredients I tossed in my wok.
Diced chicken breast, chopped onion and fresh bell pepper, some freshly grated ginger. And for garnish I simply went for sliced spring onion and white sesame seeds. And I admit: most of them were simply leftovers.
Dinner is ready!
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with Black Pepper Sauce
I guess this is my third, possibly fourth recipe I make using just one jar. Do take a look at my spicy ginger meatballs in black pepper sauce! I’m sure you will love that one also.
Are you planning a steak dinner?
Then you can also add a little of that black pepper sauce to it in the end! Even add cream and turn it into an Asian style “steak au poivre” if you like!
Do you love that gooey black pepper sauce?
Then also check out another recipe that I made with it: my lush noodles with beef! Another Asian style dinner and a family favorite here at home as well!
You will adore this chunky chicken stir fry recipe with bell peppers and a spicy black pepper sauce! Are you in for an Asian dinner tonight? Because I have just what you are looking for here. Try this spicy chicken recipe then!
- 10,5 oz fresh chicken breast (300 g)
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp black pepper sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 fresh spring onion
- vegetable oil
- Dice the chicken breast into bite-size portions and rinse them well under cold running tap water. Then pat the chicken dry with some kitchen paper. Pour a little vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan and place it over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the diced chicken.
- Stir quickly and stir fry the chicken for a couple of minutes until browned on all sides. Then add the chopped yellow onion and the freshly grated ginger.
- Stir again. Turn the heat lower not to medium. Stir fry the chicken, onion and ginger for 3 minutes. Clean and trim the bell peppers. Chop them up into bite-size pieces. Then add them to the chicken in the hot pan.
- Stir fry the chicken and vegetables for another 3 minutes. The bell pepper should still be a little crunchy. Then add the black pepper sauce.
Stir well to coat the chicken and vegetables evenly with the spicy sauce. Cook for 3 more minutes. Then take the pan off the heat and check the seasoning. Add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. The black pepper sauce for me is spicy and seasoned enough. Scoop the chicken stir fry and vegetables into large bowls. Slice the spring onion finely and garnish the chicken with it. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds as well. Serve hot.