This chocolate cupcake recipe is my best recipe for perfectly shaped cupcakes. And I let you chose how you want to decorate them afterwards! Just decorate them with the frosting you that you love the most!
Well have you ever!
This is the very first chocolate cupcake recipe (and any cupcake recipe basically) that really works for me! That is to say: the chocolate cupcakes raise beautifully in the oven. And most importantly: they do not collapse afterwards when they are fully cooled down!
Every single time that I have made cupcakes before in the past, well I ended up with the ugliest looking alien like cupcakes.
Here’s the thing.
I’m not used to baking a lot. In fact I think that I bake only like once a month maybe? So I need a recipe that is perfect, or I will loose the courage to bake more in the future.
If the cupcakes in my local supermarket are way nicer that mine, then it’s just easier for me to buy them there. Instead of breaking a sweat for lower quality cupcakes.
Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
So no, I’m not a baker at all.
And here’s me wondering why it worked out so well this time!
If my sweet treats worked out like this all the time, then I would be baking much more!
Is it because I used pastry flour instead of all purpose flour maybe? Or is it just because I added a little baking powder or baking soda or a combination of the two? Anyway, these cupcakes are just perfect for me. They are light and moist and fluffy on the inside. And perfectly shaped on the outside.
Go ahead and add whatever kind of frosting or topping you want! Check out my blog post about some creative ways to decorate cupcakes!
I hope you like them too!
Do you love cupcakes?
Then also check out my chestnut buckwheat cupcakes!
- 5 oz pastry flour (140 g)
- 2,5 oz dark chocolate (70 g)
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 oz unsalted butter (55 g)
- ⅜ cup whole milk (90 ml)
- 1 medium egg
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces and transfer together it with the brown sugar to a glass bowl over saucepan filled with some water over low heat.
- Gently melt the chocolate. Stir regularly. Take the pan off the heat once the chocolate is fully melted and add the butter.
- Stir well until it is fully incorporated. Pour in the milk.
- Let the chocolate cool for 5 minutes. Add the the egg.
- Stir again. Sift the flour together with the baking powder and baking soda over the bowl of chocolate. Add a pinch of salt.
- Whisk well into a smooth and runny batter. Carefully divide this over muffin tins you filled with paper cups.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven at 338°F (170°C) for 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let the cupcakes cool in the muffin tin.