Yum, this chocolate tart recipe is so delicious! Be prepared for a creamy chocolate filling in a perfect homemade pastry crust. What a great dessert this is…
Are you a fan of chocolate?
That’s probably a very silly question.
Because, who doesn’t like chocolate! If you have been following me for a while, then you will know that I come from a chocolate country.
Yes, that’s Belgium!
And yes, I do think that we have the best chocolate in the world.
I’m not much of a dessert maker or baker, but my husband has a sweet tooth. And he loves chocolate to bits. So from time to time I try to come up with a lovely dessert. With chocolate of course.
However this time I didn’t have a hard time finding this recipe. Because this one below is not mine. Our foodie friend Linda from Paris sent me her favorite chocolate tart recipe a few weeks ago.
I have been a bit busy lately, but I always kept the idea of making her chocolate tart in the back of my mind. And finally I find myself with a little more time on my hands this week. Guess what now: I couldn’t wait to try it of course!
Yum, this tart is just delicious… A creamy but light chocolate filling in a perfect pastry crust.
What a great dessert…
Easy Chocolate Tart Recipe (Tarte au Chocolat)
So what was the verdict then in the end?
That this chocolate tart recipe was bloody delicious! The hubs and I were over the moon. The crust is perfect, and then that chocolate filling is rich and creamy.
I want more of your recipes! Merci chère Linda!
Do you love making desserts with chocolate?
Then you should definitely check out another chocolate treat: my chocolate truffles!
Easy Chocolate Tart Recipe
Yum, this chocolate tart recipe is delicious! A creamy chocolate filling in a perfect pastry crust. What a great dessert...
- 5,5 oz dark chocolate (155 g)
- 9 oz pastry flour (250 g)
- 4,5 oz unsalted butter (125 g), soft
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ⅓ cup whole milk (80 ml)
- ⅗ cup cream (150 ml)
- 2,5 oz brown sugar (70 g)
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
- ⅓ cup cane syrup (70 ml)
1) Add the pastry flour together with a pinch of salt and the caster sugar to a blender. Then add the soft butter.
2) Pulse a few times into a fine flour mix. Then add the warm milk and pulse again until a smooth and rather sticky dough comes together.
3) Then put the dough onto a clean and floured surface and knead it a few minutes. Wrap it in cling film and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes. Roll the dough out and coat a tart tin with it. Then prick the bottom with a fork.
4) Put a sheet of baking paper on the dough and fill it with baking beans.
5) Blind bake the shell in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. Remove the tin, remove the baking paper and beans. Let the dough cool a bit. Break the dark chocolate up into small pieces and add them to a glass bowl. Then add 2 tablespoons of water and the browns sugar. Gently melt the chocolate over a pan of gently boiling water (bain marie).
6) Add the beaten eggs, the cream and the rum (optional).
7) Remove the bowl from the pan of boiling water. Beat the chocolate batter well. Gently pour the chocolate filling in the pre-baked tart shell.
8) Bake the chocolate tart in the hot oven at 356°F (180°C) for 30 minutes. Then let it cool for a few minutes in its tin at room temperature. Brush the top with the cane syrup.
9) Sprinkle with shaved chocolate if you prefer. Serve lukewarm.