Scrambled chorizo and eggs on toast, doesn’t that sound like the perfect breakfast right there? And you bet it does! This treat is super easy to make and ready in under 10 minutes! No joke.
Chorizo and eggs, on crunchy toast!
Oh baby, what a delightful way this is to start off your day with in the morning! These smoky eggs make a great breakfast treat for sure. But I could also have it as a light and easy lunch meal as well, with a crunchy crisp green salad on the side.
If you don’t have chorizo in your fridge, then you can also replace it by salami for instance. And cured or even cooked ham if you like.
But what I like so much about the chorizo sausage is that smoky flavor that it releases after the cures slices of chorizo sausage hit the hot oil in that pan. In the end the scrambled eggs are soaking wet with that beautifully flavorful reddish chorizo oil that comes out of the pan fried chorizo sausage.
Chorizo And Eggs on Toast
This is also a 5-minute recipe.
So whatever you do: just make sure that you don’t overcook the eggs.
Scramble them quickly and then take pan off the heat as soon as they are set. Because the freshly scrambled eggs can easily dry out in a blink of an eye. And that’s not what you want!
Then scoop the scrambled chorizo eggs on a piece of crispy warm toast, sprinkle it with extra freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of dried herbs if you like. Set your teeth in it.
I love cooking with chorizo sausage.
How about you? Do you need more inspiration? More recipes with chorizo?
- 3 medium eggs
- 6 thin slices dried chorizo sausage chopped roughly
- ½ tsp dried oregano optional
- 2 slices toast bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add the olive oil to a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat until the oil is hot. Then add the chopped chorizo.
- Fry the chorizo for a minute until it starts to release its grease and the remaining olive oil turns red. Now is the perfect moment to toast the bread.
Carefully break the 3 eggs in a small bowl and season them with a little pinch of pepper and salt. Don’t beat them! Then gently add the whole eggs to the baked chorizo in the hot pan.
- Immediately after that break the egg yolks and start stirring the yolks and whites around in the pan, incorporating the baked chorizo (use a wooden spoon or fork if possible, makes it much easier).
- Turn the heat low. Stir the eggs well until they start to set. They should look like lumpy scrambled eggs.
- Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Put the freshly toasted bread onto plates. Take the warm pan off the heat and top the toast with the scrambled eggs and chorizo. Sprinkle with some dried oregano (optional) and extra freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately while hot.