This easy chocolate cake recipe with mascarpone is such a delicious dessert… It’s downright chocolate heaven, and I can guarantee you that! Try it out and see for yourself what you think of it…
Hey, it’s easy chocolate cake recipe day today then!
Fortunately I’m blessed to know a bunch of good foodie friends who teach me how to make proper chocolate desserts from time to time!
One of them gave me this recipe for chocolate cake… with mascarpone. Gosh, how I love mascarpone! Give me a tub of the stuff and a single spoon. And I’ll be just fine. I love the creaminess of mascarpone so much. The hubs as well. And he even makes this quick and easy ice cream sometimes with mascapone instead of the traditional crème anglaise sabayon.
Absolutely to die for!
So if I hear about desserts with mascarpone, I’m in.
This little beauty for instance is a real treat. And one that I make quite often. The ingredients are very simple to start with. No funny stuff that goes into it. Classic ingredients, that cause magic when you mix them all up.
Because what comes out of the oven in the end, is absolute bliss.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is a hands down a great dessert. Before trying out this chocolate cake, I had never actually cooked desserts with mascarpone.
But wow, it just tastes wonderful!!
I used speculoos for the cookie base, a typical biscuit from Belgium. You might also know it under the name of biscoff. You can replace it by crumbled digestive biscuits and add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
So what are you waiting for?
Do you love chocolate cakes?
Then also check out another very popular chocolate treat of mine, and one that you can easily prepare in advance: my flourless chocolate cake!
- 9 oz mascarpone (250 g)
- 7 oz quark cheese (200 g)
- 5,5 oz dark chocolate (155 g)
- 5,5 oz digestive biscuits or shortcrust biscuits (150 g)
- 1,5 oz caster sugar (45 g)
- 2 oz unsalted butter (55 g), melted
- 2 eggs
First of all add the biscuits to the blender (break them up if necessary). Then blend them well until you get a fine crumble and pour in the melted butter.
- Pulse again into a smooth paste.
- Then transfer this cookie crumble to a springform pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the cookie base.
- Bake the cookie base in a preheated oven at 374°F (190°C) for 5 minutes until cooked. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Then transfer the mascarpone and fresh cheese to a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and caster sugar.
- Mix it into a smooth cream. Break the chocolate up into smaller pieces and put them in a (glass) bowl. Put this bowl over a pan of gently boiling water (bain marie). Let the chocolate melt.
- Then add the melted chocolate to the mascarpone mixture.
Stir well. Pour the chocolate batter on top of the baked cookie bottom in the springform pan.
Spread the chocolate batter evenly. Bake the cake in the hot oven at 338°F (170°C) for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven. Then let it cool completely in the springform pan. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve.