Here’s a spicy creamy Thai yellow fish curry recipe that contains fresh prawns, sweet diced mango and crunchy zucchini… What a delicious Asian dinner we are having tonight!
Oh I love this. It’s leftovers time again!
I threw this fish curry together in just a couple of minutes to be very honest. Because we are going on a long trip to Brazil shortly. And from there we will be crossing the Atlantic ocean by ship.
At the end of our trip we will stay in the Canary Islands for a couple of weeks as well where we have a second home in the Spanish sun…
So needless to say that it is about time to start digging. And by that I mean whatever edible stuff there is still left in my freezer and fridge. It is also a good opportunity to give both of them a good clean as well.
Just so I can give those hard working machines a well deserved rest while we are gone.
Plus it also saves us electricity and money.
Creamy Fish Curry Recipe with Thai Yellow Curry
So let’s see what I can dig up here.
Half a package of Thai yellow curry paste. My search starts off well.
And then some frozen king prawns, bits of frozen pollock, half a fresh zucchini, half a ripe mango (at least what was left after making a spicy mango salsa with it yesterday) and a tin of creamy coconut milk.
I like the sound of these ingredients. Seems like we are having a Thai yellow fish curry for dinner tonight!
I added some grated coconut for texture, which is an optional of course but I highly recommend it! The subtle cooked prawns, fish and crunchy zucchini are a prefect match for the sweeter mango and coconut milk.
Just don’t make this fish curry too spicy though or you will not taste all those subtle flavors.
Do you love Asian style fish curries?
Then also take a look at my green Thai fish and seafood curry with mussels, prawns, and crab claws!
- 9 oz white fish (250 g)
- 6 prawns peeled and deveined
- ½ small fresh zucchini peeled and diced
- 1 small fresh mango peel and diced
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk (240 ml)
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- fresh mint or coriander, chopped
- sunflower oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Pour a little sunflower oil in a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Add the yellow curry paste once the oil is hot.
- Stir fry the curry paste for a minute until fragrant. Then pour in the coconut milk.
- Stir well again. Let the curry sauce boil for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the curry paste lumps have totally melted into the coconut milk. Dice the fish into bite-size pieces and add them to the sauce in the pan.
- Cook the fish for 3 minutes. Add the grated coconut, half of the lime juice and half of the fish sauce to the curry.
- Stir well. Add the peeled prawns, the diced mango and the zucchini.
- Stir the curry well. Put a lid on the pan and let the curry cook for another 5 to 6 minutes. Check the seasoning and add extra fish sauce or lemon juice to taste if necessary. Scoop the fish curry into bowls. Sprinkle with freshly chopped mint or coriander. Serve hot.