Are you looking for a bowlful of ultimate comfort food? Then give my delicious garlic soup recipe a try! It contains delicious ingredients such as shredded chicken, fresh rosemary, and plenty of butter and cream…
This is hands down your perfect bowl of comfort food for cold and wet autumn and winter days!
This garlic soup recipe came to life on a rainy day.
Which might not come as a surprise of course. Because if you have to stay in during rainy autumn days and weekends, you often get these cravings. Besides bad weather is always a good reason to indulge in guilty food pleasures.
Winter Comfort Food
It is true that I usually make meals and dishes that I normally wouldn’t make for under any circumstances. Cream soups for example.
You are right, I rarely use cream in my soups here at home. A good portion of butter, yes! But cream, no. However I have a good reason today. I was making this powerful roasted garlic soup and the bad weather outside just cried out for a good amount of cream.
Not that I mind.
It was absolutely delicious!
Even the hubs, who actually keeps away from any type of blended thick cream soups, agreed that this soup was a downright winner.
Garlic Soup Recipe with Creamy Chicken
See, it’s not my fault only.
In this case the cream really does this garlic soup justice big time.
The smoky sweet garlic cloves, that tender and velvety shredded chicken. And then the rich chicken stock and creamy taste support each other perfectly.
This is such a rich soup and yet it is so simple to make.
Do you love creamy chicken soups like this one below?
Then also check out my creamy pesto and avocado soup with shredded chicken!
Best Chicken & Garlic Soup Recipe
My delicious garlic soup recipe with shredded chicken, rosemary, butter and cream... Your perfect bowl of comfort food for cold days!
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- 14 oz fresh chicken breast (400 g)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cups chicken stock (720 ml)
- 1 cup cream (240 ml)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- olive oil
- Place the garlic bulbs on a piece of tinfoil and drizzle them with a little olive oil. Season with a good dash of pepper and salt.
- Then close the parcel and place the garlic bulbs in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 25 minutes until roasted and soft. Remove the garlic, remove the tinfoil and let the garlic cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Let the butter melt in a high pan and then add the chopped onion and the fresh rosemary.
Stir fry the onion for 2 minutes. Then pour in the chicken stock and add the fresh chicken breast. Season with some pepper and salt.
Bring the soup to a gentle boil over medium heat. Let the chicken poach in the stock for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the chicken breast from the stock and place it on a clean place to cool a little. Once it is cooled enough, then tear it apart and shred the chicken.
- Squeeze the soft garlic cloves out of their pockets and add them to the pan.
Stir and remove the rosemary. Then add the shredded chicken and the cream.
- Stir well and simmer the garlic soup for another minute. Check the seasoning and add pepper and salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the soup into large bowls and serve hot.