My crunchy grilled goat cheese and prosciutto toast with green pesto and red onion… Let’s call this lunch recipe a winner then!
Sandwiches can be so boring sometimes.
And sometimes not!
So hey, let’s do something about that! I threw this grilled goat cheese toast with prosciutto together in just 15 minutes.
Does that combo sound strange to you?
Well it really works!
See, I am cleaning out my fridge because I have a 2 month trip to Brazil and a trans Atlantic boat trip ahead of me. And since I don’t throw away food, I need to come up with meals I can put together with what I have in my fridge, freezer and pantry.
And I love cooking with leftovers.
Well that sounds like it is time to get creative today!
Easy Grilled Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Toast
Let’s see what we can come up with.
I am pretty sure that this will do for lunch.
I decided to grill the goat cheese on the slice of bread. And that turned out to be a great idea. In the end the goat cheese was nicely melted and gooey. Just put the prosciutto on top.
A sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.
This goat cheese lunch toast actually looked more like a hearty bread pizza in the end!
The warm toasts disappeared in no time, what a huge success. But I guess you had already figured that one out. I heard a lot of ’hmmms’ and ’yummms’. coming from the other side of the table. And fortunately there were still enough ingredients left to make a second one.
Let’s call this lunch recipe a winner then!
Do you love cheese sandwiches?
Then you should also check out my my grilled sandwiches with brie, mortadella and grapes!
Easy Grilled Goat Cheese & Prosciutto Toast Recipe
My crunchy grilled goat cheese and prosciutto toast with green pesto and red onion... Let’s call this lunch recipe a winner then!
- 2 large slices bread
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 roll soft goat’s cheese (about 10,5 oz or 300 g)
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- Place the sliced bread on an oven rack.
- Grill the bread for 2 minutes until a little crisp on top. Then spread it with the green pesto.
- Grill the bread for 1 minute now. Slice the goat cheese up and divide it evenly over the warm pesto bread. Season with some freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Grill the goat cheese for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese is soft and a little golden on the top. then sprinkle with the red onion now.
- Top the goat cheese toasts generously with the prosciutto.
- Season with an extra sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper and some salt. Serve warm.