Look at these gorgeous treats! A make ahead oven baked lamb meatball appetizer with feta cheese and black olives! Or serve them as a main course with crunchy lettuce and a Greek tzatziki yogurt sauce!
Are you looking for a smashing but terribly easy little appetizer bite?
We had this moist meatball appetizer yesterday.
Just a little pre dinner nibble right before your meal.
But hey, these were an unexpected big hit…
Best Meatball Appetizer with Lamb & Feta
You will also love these, I am sure about that!
I made about 16 of them.
But because it is only the hubs and me here, there were still a couple of meatballs left. So I kept those for lunch the day after. And I turned them into a gorgeous lemony orzo and cucumber salad with dill.
It is the first time actually that I bake meatballs in the oven.
The feta cheese on the surface kind of melts beautifully.
That also makes the meatballs fabulously moist and creamy on the inside.
The lemon flavor explodes in your mouth.
A real treat!
Just a mental note for another yummy idea for next summer as a starter or main. Stuffed pita bread with lots of salad, sauce and these lamb meatballs (hot or cold) topped with creamy hummus or tzatziki…
Now that sounds so good.
Make Ahead Appetizer
These meatball are the perfect appetizer to prep in advance!
Combine the ingredients, roll the flavored lamb mince into bite-size balls and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Once your guests arrive, just pop these lamb meatballs in a hot oven for a couple of minutes and you’re done!
Make the meatballs look even better by threading them onto cute wooden or metal appetizer skewers and surprise your guests.
I would say that this is fantastic finger food for this year’s New Year’s Eve!
Best Lamb Feta Meatball Appetizer Recipe
Make ahead oven-baked lamb meatball appetizer with feta cheese and black olives! Or serve them as a main course with fresh lettuce and tzatziki sauce!
- 10,5 oz lamb mince (300 g)
- 3 oz feta cheese (85 g), crumbled finely
- 2,5 oz black olives (70 g), pitted
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest grated
- Add the lamb mince to a large mixing bowl together with the feta cheese. I crumbled the feta cheese in a blender first.
- Mix well using your hands. Chop the pitted black olives finely and then add them to the lamb mince.
- Knead well again. Then season with the dried or fresh oregano, the cinnamon and the lemon zest. Add a sprinkle of pepper and salt.
- Knead the mince well so all the ingredients are mixed evenly. Then divide the mince into even portions. I made 1 oz (30 g) meatballs and ended up with 15 of them.
- Roll the meatballs between the palms of your hands to smoothen them on all sides and place them on a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper.
- Bake the meatballs in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Then remove the balls and let them cool a little.
- Transfer them to a large bowl and sprinkle with extra crumbled feta cheese and freshly chopped dill (optional). Serve warm.