Healthy, light and flavorful.
That’s what you are in for here with this mediterranean roasted vegetables spaghetti! Not that I’m such a health freak or looking for the most healthiest dinners. But what I do like are pure flavors, fresh vegetables and produce and creative kick ass recipes.
Nothing too fancy pants for me. Bold and good flavors.
And a dinner to remember!
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Spaghetti
To be very honest, when I chopped the vegetables up I didn’t really know where it would lead me. I brushed them with a little olive oil and baked them in a hot oven.
And they came out beautifully.
I could have marinated them some more in olive oil and balsamic vinegar together with a batch of freshly chopped herbs like mint or basil. Because I just love to serve marinated vegetables cold with some crunchy bread on the side to mop up the flavorful olive oil.
But I felt more like serving a steaming bowl of carbs tonight. In comes the al dente cooked spaghetti! I then just added the freshly roasted vegetables to it, add extra olive oil as well. And seasoned it all with a simple sprinkle of salt and pepper.
One last stir. Done. Bottle of good red wine on the table to go with it. It was delicious. And so drop dead simple to prepare really!
So tonight we had oven roasted vegetables with al dente spaghetti!
I made a similar pasta recipe once with roasted eggplant, olives and parmesan cheese. And that’s also a very simple and delicious dinner.
Or how about a mushroom roast spaghetti? Vegetarian pasta dinner always come in handy, don’t you think!
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb dry spaghetti (450 g)
- 1 medium fresh eggplant
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 medium fresh zucchini
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- dried herbs
- olive oil
- Rinse the vegetables and slice them into ½ inch (1 cm) thick bits.
- Place them on a large baking tray. Sprinkle with some olive oil and brush the vegetables evenly. Then turn them all and brush again with extra olive oil.
- Sprinkle with some pepper, salt and dried herbs.
- Roast the vegetables in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. In the meantime fill a large and high pan with water, season with a good dash of salt and bring it to a good boil. Then add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and then drain it. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to a large wok together with the tomato paste and another sprinkle of pepper, salt and dried herbs.
- Place the wok over medium heat. Once the oil is warm and the tomato paste starts to fry, add ⅓ cup (80 ml) of water (or pasta cooking liquid). Stir and let this mixture reduce by half. Then add the cooked pasta.
- Stir well. Then add the warm roasted vegetables.
- Stir again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt, dried herbs or olive oil to taste if necessary. Then divide the pasta and vegetables over deep plates. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve hot.