Don’t you find the time to cook? Then I have the recipe that you need! Make this quick and easy microwave mushroom soup dinner! All you need is rice, vegetable stock, 4 mushrooms, grated cheese and cream…
It is that easy.
Yes they exist, days on which I actually have not enough time to cook a proper dinner. Busy days. Or when I am feeling a bit under the weather and the thought or even the smell of food on the stove just makes me feel even more nauseous.
But you have to eat eventually, right?
Feel Better Soup
And that is when I am going for a microwave meal.
Nope, not the store bought noodle cups or ready made lasagnas from the deli around the corner. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with them. On the contrary, I love a good instant noodle soup or quick pasta dinner.
But soups or stews that I can throw together from scratch with the ingredients that I can find in my fridge and pantry that very day. This 15-minute microwave mushroom soup is a good example of that for instance!
All you need here is rice, vegetable stock, 4 mushrooms, grated cheese and cream…
It is that easy to make.
Easy Microwave Mushroom Soup with Rice
Yes, it is a no brainer really.
Cook the rice, throw in some mushrooms, cook it some more, adjust the seasoning, add cream and stuff.
And you are all set.
This soup is quite thick but you can of course add extra cream or vegetable stock if you like. I sometimes even add less liquid so I end up with a quick microwave mushroom risotto.
Type of Rice
I did use risotto rice but basmati or wild rice will also do.
Just check the tenderness of the rice regularly so you don’t overcook it.
I garnished the soup with some extra slices of white mushrooms that I pan fried on both sides in a couple of drops of olive oil for just 2 minutes. Plate it up and finish this meal with a good sprinkle of grated cheese…
You will love it!
Do you love this recipe?
Then you should also check out my mushroom risotto with beer!
Easy Microwave Mushroom Soup with Rice Recipe
No time to cook? Make a yummy microwave mushroom soup dinner!
- 3,5 oz rice (100 g)
- 4 100 g white mushrooms
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable stock (300 ml)
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cream (60 ml)
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese grated
- a small handful fresh parsley chopped
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- garlic powder
- Pour the rice in a microwave proof bowl or dish and also add the vegetable stock.
Cover the rice with a microwave resistant lid or microwave cling film and put it in the microwave for 7 minutes at 800W. In the meantime prep the other ingredients. Brush and trim the white mushrooms. Slice them up. Grate the cheese is that hasn’t been done yet. Chop up the fresh sage. After the 7 minutes remove the rice from the microwave. Watch out, it’s hot. The rice should be softer by now but not tender yet.
- Stir the rice and season with a pinch of pepper, salt and garlic powder. Also add the fresh chopped sage.
- Then add the sliced white mushrooms.
- Stir well, cover the bowl or dish again and place it back into the microwave for 3 minutes. After that, stir the rice again and check the tenderness.
- Put it back in the microwave for an extra minute or so until tender. Then add the cream to the hot rice, the unsalted butter, the freshly chopped parsley and the grated cheddar cheese.
- Stir well. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt or garlic powder to taste if necessary. Add more cream if you want the soup to be runnier. Then scoop the rice and mushrooms into a clean bowl and serve.