Here’s another great dinner with absolutely lovely leftovers!
By the look of it you wouldn’t be able to tell it consists of leftovers, right! So let’s make a creamy mushroom spaghetti with a bunch of garlic and ricotta sauce tonight for dinner then!
Yes indeed, yet another dinner that I threw together using only leftovers.
I posted this one on my Instagram account a couple of months ago, saying that this pasta dish had only leftovers in it. Someone replied: if this is a plate of leftovers, my god how pretty must your previous dinners have been!
That made me laugh out so loud.
So how about we make a creamy mushroom spaghetti with a bunch of garlic in it to forget the cold autumn weather! I think that it sounds like a great pasta dinner.
What do you think?
Mushroom Spaghetti with Garlic & Ricotta
I had a couple of mushrooms left after I made my Japanese mushroom soup earlier this week.
And a couple of tablespoons of leftover ricotta after making my pumpkin and ricotta gnocchi. Those are the perfect ingredients, just what I need to turn this pasta dinner into a winner dinner!
And that parsley, rosemary and pasta then?
Well I always have those ingredients laying around in my kitchen and pantry somewhere. I bet it’s the same in your kitchen. Pretty sure that you also have parsley and pasta in your kitchen or pantry somewhere at this very moment?
I used shimeji mushrooms.
But go ahead and use whatever mushrooms you have in your fridge or are the easiest to find around where you live! Chop larger shrooms (like oyster mushrooms or white mushrooms) up into bite-size bits.
There you go.
Are you looking for a more lighter mediterranean style mushroom pasta?
Then also check out my flavorful mushroom roast spaghetti!
Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe
- 9 oz dry spaghetti (250 g)
- 7 oz mushrooms (200 g)
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- 2 tbsp whole milk or cream
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Fill a large and high pan with water and add a dash of salt. Place the water over high heat until boiling. Then add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- In the meantime clean and trim the mushrooms. Chop larger shrooms (like oyster mushrooms) up into bite-size bits. Peel and chop up the garlic clove. Add the garlic and the olive oil together with the fresh rosemary to a large casserole.
- Place this over medium heat and gently fry the garlic for 3 minutes. Then add the mushrooms. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Then add the milk (or cream) and the ricotta.
- Stir the mushrooms well and cook for another 3 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Check the seasoning of the sauce and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Then add the freshly chopped parsley.
- Stir well and put the mushroom sauce aside. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the mushroom sauce.
- Stir well. Then divide the spaghetti and remaining mushroom sauce over 2 plates. Serve hot.