You will absolutely adore this orange salad recipe! It is a fresh and zesty and also sweet kind of salad with crunchy radishes! I like to serve it as a refreshing side dish salad for roast lamb, lemon chicken skewers or plain and simple grilled fish.
What a surprisingly fresh salad, this orange salad recipe is! It is strange actually because I used to hate fresh or even dried fruits of any kind in dishes.
Savory Fruit Salads
Dried fruits and nuts are great as a trail mix or a healthy fibrous snack, but there’s no place for them in cooking. At least that’s what I thought back then.
Just because it tasted so awfully wrong!
Until I came across this beautiful salad once in a culinary magazine some time ago. Well there were a bunch of other vegetables in it as well. However I narrowed down the multiple flavors and ended up with this perfect fresh orange salad.
Easy Orange Salad Recipe with Radishes
And it is a keeper.
What I like about it so much is the zesty sweetness of the orange. The fresh crunchy coming from the chopped onion and then the fresh radishes and the acidity of the vinegar. All this make this salad very light and appetizing.
That’s why I recommend to serve the orange salad for lunch with a couple of slices of toast and herbed cream cheese. I also like to serve it as a refreshing side dish salad for roast lamb, lemon chicken skewers or plain and simple grilled fish like a sea bream.
Chicken & Fish
Well I hope that you love this orange salad as much as we love it!
Do you love orange salads?
Then also check out my fennel escabeche with oranges!
And what about my orange carpaccio with pepper then, for dessert?
Easy Radish & Orange Salad Recipe
Orange Salad Recipe: a fresh and zesty sweet salad with crunchy radishes! A refreshing side dish for lamb, chicken skewers or grilled fish.
- 2 oz corn salad (55 g)
- a handful fresh radishes
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 medium fresh orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1) Rinse the corn salad and drain well. Then transfer it to a large mixing bowl and put it aside for now until needed later.
2) Rinse the radishes well. Remove the stems and green leaves using a sharp knife (don't through them away, you can turn them into a gorgeous pesto!). Slice the radishes up thinly. Use a mandolin slicer for this if you have one, make it much easier.
3) Chop off both ends of the orange and then remove the skin using a knife.
4) Slice the orange thinly.
5) Add the sliced radishes to the corn salad in the bowl.
6) Stir and then add the sliced orange. Season with a little pepper and salt. Add the vinegar and olive oil.
7) Stir the salad well. Then transfer it to a large plate and sprinkle with the chopped onion. Serve at room temperature.