Are you in for a colorful soup today? Because I want to show you how to make a highly delectable roasted bell pepper and corn soup! And it is chunky and spicy… Just the way the hubs and I like our soups!
This soup is so sweet and hearty and you will wish in the end that you made much more of this stuff!
Why would you make dinners complicated if you can make them drop dead simple as well. And I’m talking about this red bell pepper and corn soup for instance! The great thing about it is that you mainly have to prepare this soup in the oven.
That’s right, let the oven do most of the work here! And other than that, there’s actually very little time needed to put the soup together after that.
Just chop up the bell pepper and onion, add it all together with the other ingredients such as the corn to a large baking dish. And just like I said before, let the oven do the rest.
So why do I put the veg in the oven?
Because roasting them also gives the veg a lovely sweet and concentrated flavor. And that’s what makes this soup so delicious.
Easy Roasted Pepper And Corn Soup
Do you like sweet corn?
I love it to bits. The fresh cobs, and also the canned sweet corn! I love both.
A little warning though. Because this soup is so sweet and hearty that you will wish in the end that you made much more of this stuff. And it is a splendid one, you need very little effort to make this great meal.
Do you love cooking with sweet corn?
Then also check out another corn recipe: corn on the cob with homemade cilantro butter!
Easy Roasted Pepper And Corn Soup Recipe
Roasted bell pepper and corn soup: chunky and spicy... This soup is so sweet and hearty you will wish you made much more of it!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 tbsp canned chopped tomatoes
- 7 oz canned sweet corn (200 g), drained weight
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock (720 ml warm)
- 1 large onion
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ground chipotle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- hot chili sauce
Clean and trim the bell peppers. Chop the up into bite-size pieces. Peel and chop up the garlic and the onion. Then transfer the bell pepper, onion and garlic to a large mixing bowl and add the drained corn. Sprinkle the vegetables with a pinch of salt, half of the chipotle powder, the olive oil and the cumin seeds.
- Stir well and pour the vegetables onto a baking tray lined with tinfoil. Divide them over the tray until spread out evenly.
- Then grill the vegetables under a hot grill for 10 minutes until they start to blacken a little. Keep an eye on them ’cause it goes fast! You don’t want to char them, just give the vegetables a little smoky touch to flavor the soup with.
- Once that is done, then remove the vegetables from the oven and pour them in a high pan. Add the warm stock and the canned chopped tomatoes.
- Place the soup over medium heat until boiling. Cook for 10 minutes. Check the seasoning and add extra salt, the rest of the chipotle powder and some hot chili sauce to taste if you like.
- Then scoop the pepper and corn soup into bowls. Garnish with a spoonful or sour cream, some chopped guacamole and fresh cilantro or mint. Serve piping hot.