Rosemary roasted potatoes with a hint of mild ground paprika, nothing more. A plain and simple potato side dish without the usual bla bla. Just some basic and pure flavors on your dinner table.
Less is more.
You are probably familiar with days where you just want a good plateful for dinner. Food for which you don’t need a whole lot of rocket science. Preferably something you can just pop into a hot oven in just a couple of minutes.
No fancy deconstructed stuff.
Plain and simple potatoes that go well with basically any type of protein. Beef, chicken, pork, fish, even veggie or vegan alternatives.
Not that a yummy potato mash is too much work though. But I sometimes do feel more like filling an oven tray up with ingredients and let the oven do the rest.
I sometimes just want a potato side dish without having to put too much work and effort into it. Just the most basic and purest of flavors in a short amount of time. Rosemary roasted potatoes with paprika, nothing more.
Paprika & Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Make sure to use waxy oven potatoes for this roasted potato recipe.
That type of potatoes is also the best for roasting. At least if you ask me because I like their creamy texture once they are fully cooked through.
Floury potatoes on the other side will easily dry out if they spend too much time in the hot oven. And their texture won’t be as appetizing. But that’s just a personal though.
I used red potatoes because they always look extra appetizing when they come out of the oven.
Do you love oven roasted potatoes as a side dish?
Then also check out another delicious potato side dish I prepare very often: my crunchy crisp and cheesy oven roasted parmesan potatoes! Another potato treat that you have to try out.
- 2 lbs oven potatoes (900 g)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Brush the potatoes clean under cold running tap water and chop them into bite-size bits. Add them to a large casserole and add water until until the potatoes are totally covered. Add a good dash of salt as well.
- Place the casserole over high heat and bring the potatoes to a rolling boil. Once boiling, take the pan off the heat again and let the potatoes rest in the hot water for another 5 minutes. Then drain the potatoes.
- Add them back to the empty casserole and sprinkle with the paprika powder, olive oil some pepper and salt. Chop or shred the fresh rosemary up and sprinkle it over the potatoes as well.
- Stir the potatoes well and spread them evenly over a large baking tray.
- Roast the potatoes in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 35 to 45 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned and crisp. Stir the potatoes halfway through cooking time. Once cooked through, remove the tray from the hot oven and transfer the potatoes to a large serving bowl or dish. Sprinkle with extra salt and shredded fresh rosemary.