It is time for a savory fish dip appetizer today: here is my super quick and easy smoked salmon dip! And there is not a lot of cooking involved here, actually none to be honest. It is just a matter of throwing the right ingredients together and serve it!
Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
Who doesn’t love smoked salmon?!
Allow me to let you in on a secret: I have 2 vegetarian friends who avoid meat and fish at all costs… But smoked salmon? Both of them can’t say no to smoked salmon!
Are you a fan of smoked fish?
I have made quite a few smoked fish recipes for my blog.
Smoked Fish Recipes
How about my summer lunch salad with smoked salmon, avocado and kiwifruit! Are you perhaps more into a winter treat? Then you should definitely try out my thick and smooth broad bean and pea soup with smoked salmon!
And here is another one, a make ahead smoked salmon starter that I usually make for Easter lunch: my smoked salmon terrine!
Or maybe you like my au gratin smoked salmon, boiled egg and white sauce more?
Back to my smoked salmon appetizer again!
You can easily leave the tomato paste and lemon juice out if you are not sure about it. I just added both to give this smoked fish dip just that extra fresh flavor and color. And because of that this salmon dip tastes great all year round, whether you serve it in the summer or winter.
I have made a similar salmon dip with canned salmon before. And that was also a big hit! I love to serve fish dips with crostini and fresh celery.
Do you love fish dips?
Then also check out my my grilled mackerel rillettes! That one is also ready in under 10 minutes, just like this creamy smoked salmon dip below.
Time for a savory fish dip appetizer today: here is my super quick and easy smoked salmon dip!
Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
Time for a savory fish dip appetizer: here's a super quick and easy smoked salmon dip! No cooking involved, just a matter of throwing the right ingredients together!
- 7 oz smoked salmon (200 g)
- 5,5 oz cream cheese (155 g)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp tomato paste
1) Add the mayo, cream cheese and fresh chives to a clean blender.Add the smoked salmon, mayo, cream cheese, lemon juice and tomato paste to a blender. Also add a drop of tabasco.
2) Pulse until you end up with a smooth mixture. Then add the chopped onion and garlic paste.Blend well until you end up with a smooth mixture. If you find it too chunky, add extra cream cheese, mayo or a little bit of cream or milk.
3) Then check the seasoning of the dip and add extra salt, lemon juice or tabasco to taste if necessary.
4) Blend it again.
5) Scoop the dip in a clean bowl. Serve with fresh cucumber, crostini or breadsticks.