My shrimp salad recipe is such a lovely summer dish! And the thing that I like about it the most is that you can make this easy seafood salad recipe in no time if you prep it well in advance.
All you need are cooked shrimp, bread croutons and fresh tomatoes!
I like this very easy shrimp salad recipe a lot!
It is pretty simple to assemble since most of the ingredients are ready to be tossed together. The only thing really that’s left is grilling the bread in advance and cut it up. And even perhaps boiling or steaming the shrimp if you only have raw ones.
Here in Spain you can buy both.
Huge piles of cooked shrimp for sale, ready to put on the table immediately. That’s why I love them. And they are a creative way to add protein to a lunch salad meal instead of adding canned tuna or sardines.
It might look a bit odd in a salad but the grilled croutons provide a welcome crunch in contrast to the softer tomatoes and cooked shrimp. And there you have it, a wholesome and filling salad. With vegetables, protein and carbs.
Light and delicious!
Shrimp Salad Recipe with Bread & Tomatoes
I also added a couple of black olives.
Just because I had them in my fridge that very day. But you can leave them out, or add green olives if you like those more.
You can also get creative with the type of fresh herbs here. I added fresh parsley and lovage from my little herb garden. But other fresh herbs such as tarragon, basil and mint would also work well here!
As I mention in the recipe below: don’t add the grilled bread too early or it will become soggy and wet because it attracts the juices from the tomatoes and the vinaigrette.
Do you love bread salads?
Then also check out my Italian panzanella salad!
Best Shrimp Salad Recipe with Bread & Tomatoes
My shrimp salad recipe: an easy seafood salad recipe ready to be tossed together! Cooked shrimp, bread croutons and tomatoes!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (450 g)
- 4 slices bread
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes (450 g)
- 2 oz black olives (55 g)
- a handful fresh lovage
- a handful fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- olive oil
1) Rub the slices of bread with the garlic cloves and lightly sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil. Toast the bread on both sides under a hot grill for about 4 minutes until they start to brown and crisp up nicely. Let the slices cool at room temperature. Then dice the grilled bread into bite-size pieces and keep it aside.
2) Chop up the cherry tomatoes and transfer them to a large salad bowl. Chop the fresh parsley and lovage leaves roughly.
3) Combine 3 tbsp of olive oil and the vinegar. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
4) Add the vinaigrette, cooked shrimps, black olives and chopped lovage and parsley to the tomatoes in the salad bowl. Toss the ingredients well.
5) Check the seasoning and add more pepper and salt to taste if necessary.
6) Chill the shrimp salad in the fridge for another 5 to 10 minutes. Then stir in the diced bread in the end right before serving. Transfer the salad onto plates and serve.