So what do we have here? A slice of pumpernickel bread, a dollop of cream cheese, a strip of rolled up smoked salmon and a sprig of fresh dill on top… What do you think about these fancy pants smoked salmon canapes then?! Try it out!
Everyone loves smoked salmon, right?
I can’t get enough of that stuff. There’s something so addictive about smoked salmon. And all types of smoked fish if I have to be honest. I just love it. Salmon, but also halibut, trout, mackerel.
You name it.
Bring it on.
Smoked Salmon Canapes with Cream Cheese
I very often serve these smoked salmon canapes alongside other little appetizing pre dinner bites. And every single time the exact same thing happens. The smoked salmon bites are always gone first, long before my guests start to even reach for the other appetizers.
And I can’t blame them.
I love smoked salmon!
Allow me to even let you in on a secret: I have 2 vegetarian friends who avoid meat and fish at all costs… But smoked salmon?
Both of them can’t say no to smoked salmon!
Needless to say that smoked salmon is a people pleaser.
And there are so many recipes to make with this bright orange goodie!! Creamy pasta sauces, eggs benny, white lasagna, cold pasta salad, lush smoked salmon dips, smoked salmon with asparagus and bernaise sauce…
Plenty of ideas to satisfy your smoked salmon addiction all year round!
It’s just delicious.
Are you looking for more smoked salmon appetizers?
Do you love fish dips in general?
Then also check out my my grilled mackerel rillettes! That one is also ready in under 10 minutes, just like this creamy smoked salmon dip below.
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Transfer the cream cheese to a small bowl or cup and add the freshly chopped dill and parsley. Season with a little pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir the cream cheese until well combined. Then with a small serving ring or pastry cutter make little canapes with a diameter of a little over an inch (about 3 cm).
- Place the smoked salmon slices on a clean chopping board and slice them into long even strips. Then roll the slices up one by one making little rose like rolls.
- Place the pumpernickel canapés on a serving plate and top each of them with some of the dill cream cheese. Then place a roll of the smoked salmon on top of it and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds, some freshly ground black pepper and some extra fresh dill. Serve the salmon canapés when they are at room temperature, not chilled or the smoked salmon and dill will loose much of their flavor.