Here is a quick and easy lunch for you to try out one day: you will love this smoked salmon salad with kiwifruit, fresh avocado, watercress and boiled eggs!
Oops watch out, don’t you blink.
Just because this lunch salad recipe is so short that it is over before you even know it! There is indeed not a lot of cooking involved in this smoked salmon salad.
No cooking at all even.
Apart from boiling a couple of eggs if you don’t have any hard boiled in your fridge at the moment. All you have to do after that is just slice and season the ingredients and plate them up nicely.
And you are done, your lovely colorful and healthy salad is ready!
Healthy Avocado & Smoked Salmon Salad
I started assembling this salad without a fixed idea in mind.
Like many times I just seem to open my fridge, kitchen cupboards and go through my pantry looking for ingredients that go together well. I did start with the idea of doing something or creating a meal around the smoked salmon.
I bought it at my local supermarket for a bargain.
Smoked salmon isn’t something I buy very often. I do enjoy it though. I was first thinking of making smoked salmon eggs benedict, but the eggs in my fridge were already boiled.
A change of plans.
That is when I saw that bag of fresh watercress.
Do you like watercress? I think it is a great alternative for lettuce. Watercress goes very well with fresh avocado as well I think. And what about the kiwifruit? I just thought it would also add a lovely sour, sweet and fresh touch to the other ingredients.
You get it, it is definitely a no brainer.
But it is a highly delicious and very elegant salad, an eye catcher of a lunch! Serve this salad with grilled bread or naan bread.
Do you love easy lunch salads like this one?
Then you should also check out my mixed bean salad with creamy avocado dressing!
Healthy Avocado & Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe
A quick and easy lunch: you will love this smoked salmon salad with kiwifruit, avocado, watercress and boiled eggs!
- 3,5 oz smoked salmon (100 g), sliced
- 1 large hard-boiled egg
- 2 handfuls fresh watercress or arugula
- 1 ripe kiwifruit
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 caper berries
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- garlic powder
- olive oil
1. Gently rinse the watercress or arugula (or whatever salad or lettuce you are using) under cold running tap water. Transfer it to a large sieve or colander, shake it well and let it drain for 2 minutes. Then pour the watercress in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice. Season with a pinch of pepper, garlic powder and salt.
2. Toss the watercress salad well and put it in the fridge for now. Then slice the avocado in half and peel it carefully. Discard the skins and the seed in the middle. Slice the avocado meat up into thick slivers.
3. Peel the kiwifruit and slice it up as well.
4. Peel the hard-boiled egg and then slice it into 4 bits.
5. Divide the slices of smoked salmon over 2 plates. Top with the seasoned watercress salad. Garnish with the sliced egg, kiwifruit, avocado, sesame seeds and caper berries. Thehn finish with a drizzle of extra olive oil and a pinch of salt. Serve with grilled bread.