Watch my video of how I am preparing a smoked salmon terrine in my KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini! This fish starter is so easy to make in advance… Sounds like the perfect make ahead starter for your next dinner party!
Here is an easy starter recipe for you to try out then!
Smoked salmon is a definite crowd pleaser, right.
Because, who doesn’t love smoked salmon?!
I even know quite a few vegetarians who will not come anywhere near fish, but they can’t resist the occasional slice of smoked salmon.
And that is also why I am absolutely sure that this smoked salmon terrine will be a big hit on your next dinner party!
Because it is a very easy starter to make in advance, something I love to do when I am having guests over for dinner!
Watch my video of how I am preparing a smoked salmon terrine in my KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini.
Like I said before.
You can make this terrine in the morning and after baking the terrines, just let them chill in the fridge for the rest of the day.
Only remove the terrines an hour before you intend to serve them so that the smoked salmon can reach room temperature.
Smoked Salmon Terrine Recipe
They taste much better at room temperature.
If you eat the terrines ice cold, the smoked salmon will loose a lot of its flavor and be quite bland.
I usually serve the terrine with a small green salad and a couple of slices of toast on the side! That makes a lovely starter…
Do you love recipes with smoked salmon?
Do you need more inspiration?
Smoked Salmon Recipes
Then you should also check out my smoked salmon roll up! Or how about my healthy smoked salmon salad with avocado, kiwifruit and capers!
Both recipes are both worth a try!
Easy Smoked Salmon Terrine Recipe
- 7 oz smoked salmon (200 g)
- ⅓ cup cream (80 ml)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- ½ tsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium egg
1) Chop the smoked salmon up roughly. Then add it together with the cream, the freshly chopped dill and the egg to the bowl of the Stand Mixer Mini. Season with a good pinch of pepper and salt.
2) Attach the wire whip and tilt the mixer head down. Select speed 4. Mix the ingredients for 2 minutes. Then select speed 6 and mix the salmon for 8 minutes. Once finished, tilt the mixer head up and remove the wire whip.
3) Lightly butter 2 ramekins and place them in a small baking dish. Scoop the salmon mixture from the stand mixer bowl into the ramekins. Fill the baking dish with an inch (2,5 cm) of water.
4) Place the dish with the smoked salmon ramekins in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) and bake the terrines for about 25 minutes.
5) Once the terrines are baked and set, remove them from the hot oven. Let them cool for 5 minutes. Then carefully flip them over onto a plate. Let the terrines cool down fully or serve them straight away, warm or lukewarm. Serve with a green salad.