So here is a super sweet and cute looking strawberry cupcake recipe… And these are so easy to make really. Just add some strawberry jam to that cake batter, that is all! These cupcakes are extremely light, airy and fluffy…
A real treat!
This cupcake recipe is dedicated to my lovely mom!
Because this strawberry version taste the best if I use her homemade strawberry jam. You are right: my mom’s strawberry jam is the best.
End of story.
Hers is hands down the best strawberry jam ever.
But maybe that also has something to do with the childhood memories that come with it?
Homemade Strawberry Jam
Hold your horses though.
There is so much more to do with strawberry jam.
Way more than to just spread it on a slice of bread for breakfast. Or to sprinkle it on top of a bowl of Greek yogurt and fruits or top off freshly baked scones and clotted cream with a teaspoon of this sugary stuff.
Easy Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
So how about incorporating it into some cake batter then?
Let’s just see what comes out of it! I’m always in for a baking experiment.
I was not sure about the ratio between the other ingredients however because I didn’t know how the batter would react to the sugary jam once it starts baking.
So I decided to keep it simple.
I used a classic pound cake recipe and thought I would have to adjust a few ingredients in the next few baking trials.
But I have to admit that I actually got it right from the very start.
These cupcakes are extremely light, airy and fluffy.
And that strawberry flavor?
Hmmm you will definitely be surprised how aromatic it makes this cake batter…
For the frosting I combined some cream cheese and another tablespoon of that lovely strawberry jam. Perfect.
So what are you waiting for?
Here is your baking assignment for next weekend: my fluffy strawberry cupcake recipe!
Easy Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
My sweet strawberry cupcake recipe, add some strawberry jam to that cake batter!! These cupcakes are extremely light, airy and fluffy...
- 2 oz unsalted butter (55 g)
- 2 oz caster sugar (55 g)
- 3,5 oz self-raising flour (100 g), sifted
- 5 oz strawberry jam (140 g)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 medium egg
- Place the butter over medium heat until melted. Then let the melted butter cool down for some minutes and pour it in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg.
- Whisk the butter and eggs well until foamy. Then add the caster sugar and strawberry jam (keep a tablespoon of the jam aside for the frosting).
- Stir the mixture well. Then add the sifted flour and season with a pinch of salt.
- Beat until you get a rather thick cake batter. Add 3 drops of red food coloring.
- Stir the batter well. Line a cupcake oven tray with paper cupcake casings. Then fill each of them with 2 tablespoons of the pink batter.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) and bake the cupcakes for 30 minutes until fully risen. Insert a toothpick, it should come out clean. In the meantime make the frosting. Beat the icing sugar and the cream cheese together. Then add the rest of the red food coloring.
- Beat the cream cheese again. Then add the rest of the strawberry jam you kept aside.
- Stir well. Then remove the freshly baked cupcakes from the hot oven and let them cool fully.
- Transfer the cream cheese frosting to a piping bag and garnish the cupcakes with it. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar if you like. Then serve at room temperature.