Do you fancy a homemade Thai dinner from time to time? Then here’s the perfect recipe for you to try out right away tonight: this Thai chicken cashew dinner is so easy to make at home!
I’m pretty sure that we must have eaten tons of this Thai chicken cashew while the hubs and I were traveling around in Thailand for about 2 months. And the funny thing here is: I can never seem to get enough of this stuff, even to this date.
I’m still cooking this dish probably at least once a month. And that’s also because the hubs asks for it a lot. If it were only for him, he would eat it every week. No doubt about that.
But a full blown Thai cashew chicken overdose, that doesn’t seem to exist at all apparently.
Thai Chicken Cashew
Well like I said before: we must have eaten tons of this Thai chicken stir fry while exploring Thailand. And not surprisingly we tried several versions of the dish as well.
So what’s the very best cashew chicken that we tasted back then? That must have been hands down at a restaurant called Fon Fon in Chalong Bay. Why? Because it was packed with the purest flavors and very little ingredients but most of all no exaggerated pools of that deadly sweet tourist chili sauce sprayed on top of it.
Thai cooking goes fast and so does this recipe. At least if you prep all your ingredients in advance.
Do you fancy cooking Thai at home for dinner tonight?
Well then here’s the perfect recipe to try out: this Thai chicken cashew dinner is so delicious, very little ingredients needed!
Do you love the flavor and creaminess of cashew nuts?
Then also try out my Indian korma chicken for a change!
Fancy a homemade Thai dinner tonight? This Thai chicken cashew dinner is so easy to make!
- 7 oz fresh chicken breast (200 g)
- ¼ cup chicken stock (60 ml)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ green bell pepper diced finely
- ½ red bell pepper diced finely
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 red chili thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh mint
- a handful cashew nuts toasted
- vegetable oil
- Dice the chicken breast finely and transfer it to a large baking dish or bowl. Sprinkle with the oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar.
Stir the chicken well so that it is well coated with the marinade on all sides. Let the chicken rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Pour a little vegetable oil in a large wok or non-stick pan and place it over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the garlic paste and sliced chili.
- Stirfry for a couple of seconds. Add the marinated chicken and remaining marinade.
- Add the diced bell pepper.
- Stir fry the ingredients for 2 minutes until the chicken looks cooked. In the meantime reheat the chicken stock, stir in the cornstarch and pour this over the chicken.
- Stir well again. Let the stock reduce and thicken for 2 minutes. Add the toasted cashew nuts.
- Sprinkle with the freshly chopped mint.
- Check the seasoning and add extra fish sauce, soy sauce or oyster sauce to taste if necessary. I like to make my cashew chicken quite rich so I added more oyster and soy sauce. Transfer the chicken onto plates and serve immediately.