If you ask me, this gorgeous looking homemade thai chicken noodle soup is another bowl of comfort. Especially when you feel a bit feverish and ill. Because it’s a good remedy for an upset stomach too.
I got floored by just one mild case of food poisoning that lasted for a day at the end of my Thai journey.
Well after 24 hours of staying in bed, I felt like I had to eat something.
At least something that wouldn’t come out at the same speed as it would go in. Thank heavens this noodle soup worked like a charm. But look at it then: poached minced chicken and noodles in a strong broth. Even moaning pasta addicted kids will go crazy about it.
You might consider leaving out the dried chilli in that case because it’s pretty hot.
Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
You’re free to choose the kind of noodles you want here.
However I wouldn’t opt for glass noodles because they will possibly stick too much together and turn into one chewy ball when you reheat the soup. The noodles I recommend are rice noodles or even Chinese egg noodles.
You can rinse the cooked noodles easily under cold running tap water before adding them to the soup if you think they are too sticky.
Add and extra portion of vegetables as well if you feel like it. I personally find this Thai chicken noodle soup just perfect the way it is.
- 7 oz chicken mince (200 g)
- 1 cup cooked noodles (100 g)
- 2 cups chicken stock (450 ml)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- a handful fresh mint and cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp red chili chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pour the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and place it over medium heat until hot. Then gently fry the chopped garlic, celery stalk and onion for a minute. Add the chicken stock. Bring it to a boil and turn the heat low again to a simmer.
- Also add the chopped chili and minced chicken to the stock. Cook until the chicken mince is tender. Break up any large mince lumps with a fork.
- Then stir in the cooked noodles. Let the soup simmer for 1 minute until the noodles are warmed through.
- Also stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice. Then check the seasoning and add more to taste if necessary.
- Simmer the noodle soup for another minute.Then scoop the Thai chicken noodle soup in bowls, garnish with the dried chili flakes and fresh mint and cilantro. Serve immediately.