What a lovely meal soup this is: my tomato tortellini soup recipe with lots of grated cheese on top! Serve it as a great hearty lunch or a filling one pan dinner for the entire family!
I love soups with pasta.
Whether it is lunch or dinner, my savory chunky tomato tortellini soup recipe with grated cheese looks like a delicious bowl of cheesy paradise. But more importantly, it’s a great wholesome meal soup for the whole family!
Stuffed pasta, tomato soup and cheese…
Who could ever say no to this lot?
No chance here then that a bowlful of this mouth watering combo will let you down on a cold and grey evening because you and your family will love it to bits!
Tortellini Soup Recipe with Tomatoes & Cheese
What’s your favorite tortellini?
You can choose here what kind of tortellini you want to add to your tomato soup: tortellini with a meat filling. Or keep this tortellini soup recipe vegetarian and add tortellini with grilled vegetables or the classic ricotta and spinach tortellini.
What’s your favorite tortellini stuffing anyway?
I love a good beef stuffed tortellini. Served with a strong and ballsy beef and tomato ragu on top as well. That makes an excellent dinner!
Are you maybe looking for a lighter version of this tortellini soup recipe?
Then try out my Italian tortellini in brodo, a simple bouillon broth soup with stuffed tortellini. That’s a classic Italian soup as well!
Have you ever made fresh tortellini from scratch at home?
It’s not that difficult though. All you need is a good quality pasta flour and a pasta machine to roll your pasta. And a bunch of patience in the beginning! Making pasta is one of my favorite afternoon activities in the kitchen when it’s cold and rainy outside.
You will love it because it’s so much fun to do! Check it out then: here’s how to make homemade tortellini from scratch.
Tortellini Soup Recipe Recipe
What a lovely meal soup this is: my tomato tortellini soup recipe with lots of grated cheese! Great hearty lunch or dinner option...
- 10,5 oz fresh tortellini pasta (300 g)
- 3 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock (840 ml), warm
- 1 lb canned chopped tomatoes (450 g)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium fresh carrot diced finely
- 1 stalk fresh celery diced finely
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- olive oil
1. Peel and chop the garlic cloves and the yellow onion. Then add both the onion and garlic together with a good splash of olive oil and the fresh rosemary sprig to a high and large pan. Place this over medium heat until hot.
2. Gently fry the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes in the hot oil. Then add the finely diced carrot and celery.
3. Stir well and cook the vegetables for another 2 minutes until a little soft. Then pour in the can of chopped tomatoes.
4. Stir the ingredients well. Then add the warm vegetable or chicken stock as well. Season with a good dash of pepper and salt.
5. Stir the tomato soup well and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook the soup for another 5 minutes. Then turn the heat higher and add the stuffed tortellini pasta once the tomato soup is boiling well.
6. Cook the stuffed tortellini pasta in the hot tomato soup (read the instructions on the package to find out for how long the tortellini has to cook) until tender. Remove the tomato soup from the heat. Then check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the tomato tortellini soup into large bowls, sprinkle generously with the grated parmesan cheese and serve piping hot.