Are you looking for a perfect summer salad on a hot summer’s day? Then I have just what you need right here. How about a fresh and easy Asian style tuna noodle salad with a bunch of Thai flavors?!
Summer on your plate.
So how to make tuna noodle salad?
This is lovely chunky treat is packed with the most delicious ingredients such as canned tuna, fresh cilantro and ripe cherry tomatoes!
I love this delicious Thai style tuna and noodle salad for its freshness of the cilantro!
And I seriously doubt whether there’s another type of cuisine that can teach me even better how to cook with it.
This is a Thai recipe at its very best!
Easy Recipe for Tuna Noodle Salad
Every time I browse the internet I am always stunned by the simplicity of Thai dishes.
Thai cuisine may look or taste complex but the ingredients you need are actually quite simple. For this noodle and tuna salad I used canned tuna. But you can easily replace it by (leftover) grilled chicken, ground beef or even fresh fish and tuna.
Go on and throw in that gorgeous amount of chili and lime juice because that is what really makes or breaks this Thai noodle salad.
I bet you are going to love this light and fresh recipe!
Rice Noodles vs Egg Noodles
I could have used plain and simple Italian egg pasta to make this noodle salad.
However I still had a bunch of Asian rice noodles in my pantry because I just went grocery shopping at the Asian supermarket.
So I decided to use those.
And that turned out to be a great choice. The lighter rice noodles go extremely well with the flakey canned tuna. And that lime dressing.
Serve this tuna noodle salad cold!
Do you love Thai salads?
Then you should also check out my Thai beef salad: another perfect summer salad on a hot summer’s day!
Easy Thai Style Tuna Noodle Salad Recipe
A fresh and easy Thai style tuna noodle salad: a chunky noodle salad with canned tuna, fresh cilantro and cherry tomatoes!
- 7 oz canned tuna (200 g)
- 7 oz rice noodles (200 g), dry
- 3,5 oz cherry tomatoes (100 g)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- a handful fresh mint chopped
- a handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Soak the rice noodles in warm water until they are soft (or see specific package instructions). Then drain the noodles once tender.
2. Add them to a large mixing bowl. Drain the canned tuna and crumble it on top of the noodles in the bowl.
3. Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, garlic paste, brown sugar, chili sauce and grated ginger in a cup and stir well.
4. Pour this mixture over the noodles and add the chopped shallot, mint and cilantro.
5. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them as well.
6. Check the seasoning and add extra chili sauce or fish sauce to taste if necessary. Divide the noodle salad over plates. Garnish with extra fresh cilantro and mint leaves. Serve cold.