What a beautiful whole roasted cauliflower… Are you looking for a surprising vegetable side dish? Then this is the one you have to try out!
This cauliflower dish must have been on my to-try list for I don’t know how many years now. And here we are finally, I found the time to prepare this lovely looking vegetable side dish!
So here is my take on a whole roasted cauliflower head! What a beautiful whole roasted cauliflower…
Are you looking for a surprising vegetable side dish?
Then this is the one you definitely want to try out!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Curry & Garam Masala
Boy I love surprising vegetable side dishes like this.
Take any kind of vegetable you want, flip it up side down, turn it inside out. Think outside the box for once and you got yourself a splendid vegetable dish that will add so much extra fun to your daily meals!
The cauliflower I used is quite small, just the size we need for us 2 people.
But you can use larger ones obviously: make some extra marinade and roast the cauliflower a little longer in the oven. Or chop it into smaller florets, brush them evenly with the marinade and then roast them on a baking tray.
How I love Eastern spices and flavors like garam masala and curry!
What is you favorite Eastern style spice?
I’m also fond of cumin.
And saffron as well. Actually I don’t think that there is one spice that I don’t like. You should see my spice rack. Not that you can call it like that anymore. I would call it my spice cupboard.
Because it is stuffed to the brim with dried herbs, colorful spices and other gorgeous flavors to cook with.
Are you familiar with harissa?
It is a spicy Tunisian paste you just have to try out.
If you need a recipe for it: then also check out my kofta skewers with harissa and couscous!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 whole fresh cauliflower head (about 1 ¼ lbs or 550 g)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened yogurt (Greek)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- olive oil
- Clean the cauliflower, remove any leaves and shave the bottom until it is nice and flat.
- Scoop the yogurt in a small cup and season with a pinch of salt, the garlic powder and the chili powder.
- Stir well. Then add the curry powder, the chili powder and the garam masala.
Stir the yogurt marinade well again. Place the cauliflower on a baking tray that you have lightly oiled with a couple of drops of olive oil. Brush the yogurt marinade all over the cauliflower head. Be generous. Make sure that every spot on the surface is covered with a nice layer because it will color evenly.
- Place the cauliflower in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate. Then place the tray in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 35 to 40 minutes. The cauliflower should still be a little crunchy on the inside. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and place it on a clean serving plate. Serve hot.
Best Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Curry
What a beautiful whole roasted cauliflower... Are you looking for a surprising vegetable side dish? Then this is the one!!