How to make perfect poached eggs: here's the Arzak egg!
1. Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a gentle boil. In the meantime place a square piece of cling film on a surface and pour the vegetable oil in the middle. With kitchen paper or a brush, spread the oil over the cling film.
2. Chose a small cup or ramekin. Place the cling film in it and shape it against the inside of the ramekin using your fingers. Don't tear it or you will have to start over!
3. Then carefully break the egg and gently drop it in the ramekin.
4. Fold the cling film around the egg. Then take it out of the ramekin.
5. Close the egg pocket with a plastic bag clip (or rubber band). Make sure that there’s no air in the parcel anymore. You'll end up with a neatly wrapped egg. Check if there's no egg white dripping down through a tear in the cling film.
6. Then place the wrapped egg in the warm water.
7. Poach the egg for 5 minutes. Then remove the egg and place it on a chopping board.
8. Carefully open the clip (or cut the cling film off right under the rubber band using scissors). Careful, the cling film is still hot so don’t burn your fingers. Then gently start peeling the cling film away from the poached egg white. This should go pretty fast if you greased the cling film well. Make sure the egg white doesn’t break.
9. Pull the cling film from underneath the poached egg. Now gently scoop up the egg with a tablespoon and flip it over gently on a clean plate, salad or piece of toast. Sprinkle with pepper and salt and serve immediately while the yolk is runny.