You will love this recipe!
1) Place the chicken wings on the bottom of a large pot. Try to arrange them in one layer. Then add the Chinese rice wine. Also add water until the wings are just submerged.
2) Trim and clean the spring onion. Chop it in half. Add the white part to the wings. Keep the green part for garnish later. Also add the piece of fresh ginger, lemongrass, chicken bouillon cube, soy sauce and star anise.
3) Place the wings over high heat and bring them to a boil. Then turn the heat low and put a lid on the pan. Simmer the wings for 20 minutes.
4) Once cooked, take the pot off the heat and let the wings cool down fully in the Chinese wine broth.
5) Divide the chicken wings over deep plates and drizzle with the wine broth. Garnish with finely sliced spring onion greens. Serve the drunken chicken cold with boiled or steamed rice.