My favorite then? Simple mussels with celery, onion, garlic and white wine... classic!
1. Pour the olive oil in a large and high pan and place it over medium-high heat until hot. Then add the chopped onion and garlic.
2. Quickly stir fry the onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes. Chop the fresh celery and leaves up. Then also add them to the pan together with the fresh thyme and bay leaves. Season with a dash of pepper and salt.
3. Stir well. Let the vegetables cook for 3 more minutes. Then add the rinsed and drained fresh mussels to the pan.
4. Cover the pan. Cook the mussels for 6 minutes. Shake the pan a couple of times to make sure the mussels and the vegetables are mixed well. Then add the white wine.
5. Stir the mussels well using a slotted spoon. Then cover the pan again and let the mussels cook for 5 more minutes until the mussels are open. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste. Then scoop the cooked mussels into large bowls and top with the remaining onion, celery and wine. Serve with golden fries.