My flourless almond cake with crunchy shaved almonds!
1. Add the soft butter, caster sugar and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat the ingredients for a minute until the soft butter and caster sugar are very creamy. Then add the whole eggs to the bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs and butter well again until you get a smooth mixture. Try to avoid any lumps. Then pour in the grated coconut (keep a little handful aside to sprinkle over cake right in the end).
4. Stir the batter well. Now add the ground almond flour or meal (keep a tablespoon aside to coat the cake tin with later on) and the drops of almond extract.
5. Beat all the ingredients well now until you end up with a very smooth but rather thick batter. Make sure there are no butter lumps left. Lightly grease a springform tin with butter or vegetable oil and sprinkle with the rest of the almond flour or meal. Pour the almond batter in it and sprinkle with the shaved almond flakes and the rest of the grated coconut you kept aside.
6. Bake the almond cake in a preheated oven at 356°F (180C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Then remove the cake from the hot oven and let it cool down fully at room temperature. Sprinkle the freshly baked cake with icing sugar, cut it and serve.