1. You can ask your butcher to slice the salami for you or buy one yourself and slice it up. Don’t make the slices too thin or they will dry too quickly, burn and become inedible.
2. Place the slices of salami on an oven rack. Leave enough space between the slices.
3. Put the rack in the oven and bake the salami in a preheated oven at 302°F (150°C) for 1 hour. Very important: place a baking tray filled with a little water underneath the rack to catch the fat that will start to drip as soon as it melts. If you don’t, it will char and fill the oven and your kitchen with smoke as soon as you open the oven door. Turn off the heat after an hour but leave the salami in the oven for another hour until fully cooled down. Remove the baked salami.
4. Transfer the slices to a blender.
5. Pulse until the salami is turned into a nice crumble.
6. Store the salami crumble in the fridge until needed.