Baked chicken legs with olives, carrots and lemon!
1) Make the chicken rub: combine the garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, oregano and season with a good dash of pepper and salt.
2) Place the chicken legs in a large oven dish and coat them on both sides with the olive oil. Then sprinkle with the rub.
3) Peel the carrots and onion. Slice the carrot into sticks, chop the onion into quarters. Don’t peel the garlic.
4) Transfer the seasoned chicken legs to a plate for now. Add the onion, carrots, lemon slices and garlic cloves to the baking dish. Season with pepper and salt. Also add half a cup (120 ml) of water.
5) Place the chicken legs on top of the vegetables. Cover with tinfoil.
6) Put the dish in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for an hour. Then remove the dish and turn the heat up to 425°F (220°C). In the meantime remove the tinfoil and baste the chicken legs with the juices in the baking dish. Also add the olives.
7) Then put the dish back into the hot oven for another 35 to 40 minutes. At the end remove the chicken again and let it rest for another 10 minutes at room temperature.
8) Then put the chicken legs onto plates and add the vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining sauce and serve.