1. Knead the dough again for a minute and roll it out until it is about ½-inch (1,3 mm) thick.
2. Cut out even circles (use a serving ring or a glass) and remove the centers using a smaller diameter ring or glass. You can bake the donut holes separately or make a new dough ball from the remaining dough and cut out more donuts.
3. Place the donuts on a sheet of baking paper and let them rise for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
4. Bake the donuts in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 8 minutes. Don't overcook them or the center will not be light and fluffy!!
5. Remove the freshly baked donuts from the oven. Decorate them the way you like: melted chocolate, icing sugar, chocolate sprinkles… I brushed mine with some melted butter (do this while the donuts are still hot) and dip them in a mixture of caster sugar and cinnamon.