1. Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan and then add the chopped garlic and onion.
2. Cook for 4 minutes until fragrant. Then add the risotto rice and stir well.
3. Add some of the vegetable stock and cook over medium heat until it has vaporized.
4. Repeat this until the risotto rice is nearly tender. Then add the frozen peas and butter.
5. Season with pepper and salt. Stir the risotto well. Add the parmesan cheese, fresh mint and chives.
6. Stir well again. Cook for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted away. Then check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the creamy risotto onto deep plates. Garnish with the salami crumble and serve.