Make piccalilly in 30 minutes? Check out my homemade piccalilly recipe...
1. Add cauliflower florets, silverskin onions, sliced pickled gherkins, bay leaves, garlic clove and cloves to the bowl of the Cook Processor fitted with the StirAssist.
2. Then add the mustard, grated ginger, ground turmeric (or curcuma), sugar, butter and a pinch of cinnamon. Season with a dash of pepper and salt.
3. Also add the vegetable stock (or water) and white wine vinegar.
4. Close the bowl of the Cook Processor and select STEW P11. Press Start to activate the program. After Step 1, add the cornstarch to the bowl.
5. Close the lid and adjust the cooking time of Step 2 to 5 minutes (instead of 15 minutes). Press Start to activate Step 2. Once the program has finished, press cancel to exit the keep warm mode. Then let the warm piccalilly pickles cool a little.
6. Scoop the piccalilly pickles into a sterilized jar or container and seal it once the pickles has cooled down completely. I prefer to let the pickles marinate for at least one week before opening. Once opened, store the jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.