Make piccalilly in 30 minutes? Check out my homemade piccalilly recipe...
1. Add the cauliflower florets, silverskin onions, sliced pickled gherkins, bay leaves, garlic clove and cloves to a large saucepan.
2. Then add the mustard, grated ginger, ground turmeric (or curcuma), caster sugar, butter and a pinch of cinnamon. Season with a dash of pepper and salt.
3. Pour in the vegetable stock (or water) and the white wine vinegar.
4. Place the pan over medium-high heat and bring the ingredients to a good boil. Put a lid on the pan and let it all cook for about 10 minutes. Then add the cornstarch to the pan.
5. Stir and cook the piccalilly for another 5 minutes or until it has thickened a bit. Stir regularly. Then take the pan off the heat and let the piccalilli cool down a little.
6. Scoop the piccalilly pickles into a sterilized jar or container and seal it once the pickles has cooled down completely. I prefer to let the pickles marinate for at least one week before opening. Once opened, store the jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.