Rich, spicy and zesty! I’m sure that you are going to love this next chicken and sweet corn soup...
1) Are you using a fresh chicken carcass? Then chop it into smaller bit. Place the carcass or chicken breasts in a large and high pan. Add 4 cups (960 ml) of cold water, the bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
2) Place the pan over high heat until boiling. Then urn the heat lower and simmer the chicken (carcass) for about 45 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and let the cooked carcass or chicken breast cool down in the chicken stock for another 30 minutes. Then pour the stock and everything with it through a fine sieve. You can place a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth in it to catch the gritty stuff coming from the bones.
3) Place the cooked chicken carcass or breasts aside to cool more until it is cool enough.
4) Shred the cooked chicken meat with your fingers or pick it off the carcass.
5) Reheat the sifted chicken soup and pour in the cream.
6) Add the sweet corn, the (shredded) chicken meat, the pickled jalapeños and the the freshly chopped cilantro as well.
7) Check the seasoning of the chicken soup and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Take the chicken soup off the heat and scoop it into bowls. Serve hot.