Lovely meatballs in a creamy celery sauce, this is such a Belgian treat! A great alternative for the classic meatballs in tomato sauce.
1) Add the StirAssist to the bowl of the Cook Processor.
2) Add half of the unsalted butter and the meatballs. Close the bowl and select STEW P7. Adjust the cooking time of Step 1 to 10 minutes (instead of 5 minutes). Press Start to activate the program.
3) The meatballs should be golden brown on all sides after that. Then add the rest of the unsalted butter, the chopped yellow onion, the chopped garlic, the freshly chopped celery, the 2 bay leaves and the thyme sprigs.
4) Close the bowl. Adjust the cooking time of Step 2 to 10 minutes (instead of 30 minutes). Press Start to activate Step 2. After that pour in the white wine and the cream. Season with a good pinch of pepper and salt.
5) Close the bowl and press Start to activate Step 3. Let the meatballs and celery braise in the cream sauce. In the end press cancel to exit the keep warm mode. Check the seasoning of the celery cream sauce and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary.
6) Scoop the meatballs and the creamy celery sauce onto warm deep plates, sprinkle with some freshly chopped parsley and serve.