Cold Persian yogurt soup with caramelized onions, raisins, garam masala and chickpeas: refreshing and satisfying!
1. Add the onion, garlic, 4 tablespoons of vegetable stock and the olive oil to the bowl of the Cook Processor fitted with the StirAssist. Season with a pinch of salt.
2. Close the lid and select FRY P2. Press Start to activate Step 1. After that add the butter.
3. Adjust the time of Step 2 to 20 minutes (instead of 3 minutes). Then press Start to activate Step 2. The onion should be caramelized in the end. Lower the temperature if necessary.
4. Remove the caramelized onion and transfer it to a plate. Don’t wipe the bowl clean. Let it cool down for 10 minutes. Then add the yogurt, raisins and the remaining vegetable stock.
5. Close the bowl and press Quick Stir for 10 seconds. Then add the caramelized onion, garam masala, ground cumin, ground curcuma and a pinch of chili powder.
6. Close the bowl and press Quick Stir for 10 seconds. Then add the drained chickpeas and chopped cilantro and mint.
7. Close the bowl and press Quick Stir for 20 seconds. Then check the seasoning of the cold yogurt soup and add extra chili powder or salt to taste. Chill the soup in the fridge for 15 minutes.Then scoop it onto deep plates, sprinkle with pine nuts and extra fresh herbs. Serve.