No pasta? Make creamy carbonara sauce meatballs!
1. Add the olive oil and butter to a non-stick pan. Place this over medium-high heat until melted, then add the meatballs.
2. Bake the meatballs for 5 minutes until golden on all sides. Stir regularly. Then cover the pan, lower the heat and cook the meatballs for 10 minutes until cooked through. Stir regularly. Add extra olive oil or butter if necessary.
3. Then transfer the meatballs to a plate and cover with tinfoil. Don’t wipe the pan clean. Add the diced bacon and season with a dash of pepper.
4. Cook the bacon for 4 minutes until cooked through. Transfer the bacon to another plate. Now add the cream (keep 2 tablespoons of the cream aside).
5. Stir well. Bring the cream to a light simmer, don’t let it boil. Combine the yolks and cream you kept aside.
6. Once the cream in the pan is warm, add the yolk mixture in a steady stream. Whisk fast.
7. Simmer the carbonara sauce over medium heat. Whisk constantly for 4 minutes until the sauce is foamy and a little thicker. Then add the cooked bacon.
8. Stir and check the seasoning of the carbonara sauce. Add extra pepper or salt to taste. Then add the cooked meatballs.
9. Stir and cover the pan. Let the meatballs warm through in the sauce for another 5 minutes. Then scoop the carbonara sauce meatballs onto deep plates and serve hot.