Classic pancakes, perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
1) Combine the sifted flour, caster sugar, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl.
2) Then gradually pour in the warm milk and stir at the same time. Once the milk is incorporated, add the eggs, the vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
3) Stir the ingredients well now. Make sure that there are no lumps left in the batter.
4) Pour a drop of vegetable oil in a small pancake pan and place the pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop a good portion of the bread batter to the hot pan (depending on how large or small you want your pancakes to be). You can work in batches if you like.
5) Bake the pancakes for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Then carefully lift the pancake using a rubber spatula to see if it's golden enough and flip it over on its uncooked side. Cook the pancake for another 3 to 4 minutes until golden. Remove the pancake and keep it warm on a clean plate under some tinfoil. Add another drop of oil to the hot pan and another spoonful of the pancake bread batter. Repeat this until there’s no batter left anymore. Then transfer the hot pancakes onto plates, add your favorite topping and serve hot.