Let me show you how to make pickled green cabbage at home... Perfect as a garnish for delicious homemade hot dogs or crunchy pork tacos!
1) Chop up the cabbage into thin strips and transfer them to a sieve. Rinse the cabbage and let it drain well.
2) In a clean and dry glass jar sprinkle a little pinch of pepper, salt, a pinch of the dried herbs and a bit of sliced raw shallot.
3) Cover this with some of the drained raw cabbage. Sprinkle again with a pinch of pepper, salt, dried herbs and sliced shallots.
4) Keep filling the jar alternately in this way using your ingredients.
5) In a small saucepan pour the water and the red or white wine vinegar. Season with a little pinch of pepper and salt as well.
6) Then place the spiced vinegar mix over high heat until boiling. Then pour the hot mix on top of the raw cabbage in the jar.
7) Let it fully cool down uncovered at room temperature. Once the pickled cabbage is cold, close the jar and store it in the fridge for up to one month.