Here's how to make and assemble your delicious hot dogs with pickled cabbage!
1) In a frying pan roast the sausages in a little olive oil until browned on all sides and cooked on the inside.
2) In the meantime slice the romaine lettuce up and rinse it until clean. Let the lettuce drain well. Then add it to a large mixing bowl together with the mayonnaise and a pinch of pepper and salt.
3) Stir the lettuce well and put it in the fridge for now.
4) Slice the buns or bread rolls in half but keep both halves still attached. Don’t cut them open entirely.
5) Divide the lettuce over the breads and top with a fried sausage. Then garnish the hot dogs with the homemade red cabbage and some mustard also. Serve warm.