Falafels are my favorite vegetarian finger food and they are also easy to make at home!
1. Add the onion, garlic, parsley, mint and cilantro to the bowl of the Cook Processor fitted with the MultiBlade.
2. Then close the lid. Press Pulse. Add the drained chickpeas.
3. Close the lid and press Pulse. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then add the cumin, garam masala, curcuma and cinnamon. Also add the baking powder, olive oil and some pepper and salt.
4. Close the lid and press Pulse until you get a chickpea crumble. Check the seasoning and add extra salt to taste. The crumble should be moist and sticky. Then make a small ball and see if it keeps together. If the mixture falls apart, add an extra tablespoon of olive oil to the crumble. Pulse and then try making a ball again until it works. You should be able to make 12 to 14 even falafel balls in the end.
5. Put the falafel balls on a plate and then chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pour an inch (2,5 cm) of frying oil in a non-stick pan and place it over medium-high heat until hot. Then add the falafels (in batches if necessary).
6. Fry them for 5 minutes until golden brown.
7. Then transfer the falafels onto some kitchen paper. Serve hot.