Falafels are my favorite vegetarian finger food and they are also easy to make at home!
1. Rinse the soaked chickpeas. Then add them to a blender.
2. Pulse for a minute until you get a very fine crumble.
3. Then add this to a large mixing bowl. Now add the shallot, garlic and parsley, mint and cilantro to the blender.
4. Blend until you get a fine mixture. Add this to the chickpea crumble also.
5. Stir. Then add the baking powder. Season with the ground cumin, garam masala, curcuma, cinnamon and a good dash of pepper and salt to taste. Also drizzle with the olive oil.
6. Stir the wet chickpea crumble well and then make 12 to 14 even balls.
7. Put the falafels on a clean plate and chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pour an inch (2,5 cm) of frying oil in a non-stick pan and place it over medium-high heat. Then add the falafels (in batches if necessary).
8. Fry them for 3 to 4 minutes until they are golden brown on all sides.
9. Transfer the fried falafels onto some kitchen paper to drain. Serve hot.