My roasted carrot and parsnip salad with a creamy poached egg on top, garnished with pine nuts and shaved parmesan cheese... the perfect winter salad!
1) Peel the parsnip and the carrot. Slice them into small bite-size fries. Don’t make them too thin. Then add both to a mixing bowl and sprinkle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
2) Spread the carrot and parsnip fries on a baking dish lined with baking paper and roast them in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 10 to 12 minutes or until both the parsnip and carrot are more or less soft. Keep an eye on them, the vegetables can burn easily if you made them too thin.
3) Once the parsnip and carrots are roasted enough, remove them from the hot oven and let them cool down for 20 minutes at room temperature. Then add them back to the bowl. Also add the watercress and remaining olive oil.
4) Stir well and then divide the parsnip salad over deep plates. Then poach the eggs. Once poached, put them on some kitchen paper to drain and then place them on top of the parsnip salad. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and shaved parmesan cheese.
5) Finish with a last sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.